Skip to main content
Topic: Launch more than one instance of NWC2 (Read 9193 times) previous topic - next topic

Launch more than one instance of NWC2

I can have NWC 1.75 and NWC2 running at the same time, but I cannot load more than one instance of NWC2. Has anyone figured out how?

It would be most helpful to be able to load NWC2.0 and the new Beta (NWC2.1 Beta 6 as of this writing), copy & paste between them and compare the changes.

Currently, I must save the output as a graphic, close NWC2 and launch the Beta. This is rather time consuming.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Launch more than one instance of NWC2

Reply #1
You can start the original NWC2 release with the "/newinst" option. Currently, you can also do this in the beta, but the option might become "-newinst" before final release.

For general use, opening multiple instances of NWC2 is not recommended.

Reply #2
Thanks. That seems to work. Had I been able to find:
If the command line does not contain the /newinst option, then any single invocation of an NWC2 file should always open the same running instance of the program.
and been able to draw the proper implications from it, I wouldn't have needed to ask.

I guess there are still a few topics in General Discussion that I haven't read ...

Reply #3
You can start the original NWC2 release with the "/newinst" option. Currently, you can also do this in the beta, but the option might become "-newinst" before final release.

For general use, opening multiple instances of NWC2 is not recommended.
Opening multiple instances of NWC2 may cause the attached notification. I'm just reporting this. IMO, it is not so annoying that any fix is needed.

Reply #4
the beta, but the option might become "-newinst" before final release
It did not. -newinst does not work. /newinst does