Skip to main content
Topic: Pitch Bend offsetting tempo? (Read 2537 times) previous topic - next topic

Pitch Bend offsetting tempo?

For some reason, pitch bends have been offsetting the tempo as if they were a grace note. I have never noticed this before, but all of the sudden this seems to be happening. This especially happens when the pitch bend goes longer than a beat. Does anyone know anything about this?

Re: Pitch Bend offsetting tempo?

Reply #1
You might be flooding the performance stream. Make sure that your sweep resolution is large enough to prevent this. If you paste your NWC2 clip that includes the pitch bend, we can also review it and recommend a good sweep resolution.

Reply #2
Most of my pitch bends lately have looked something similar to this: (and it tends to offset the tempo more when I have quarter note or eighth note time resolution)

|MPC|Controller:pitch|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Sixteenth|SweepRes:32|Pt1:0,192|Pt2:1,4192|Pt3:1,8192|Pos:0|Wide:Y|Justify:Left|Placement:BestFit
|Color:0|Visibility:Default

Reply #3
You could probably get away with a much larger sweep resolution, given the short duration. Here, I use 512:

Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|MPC|Controller:pitch|Style:Linear Sweep|TimeRes:Sixteenth|SweepRes:512|Pt1:0,192|Pt2:1,4192|Pt3:1,8192|Pos:-7|Wide:Y
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:-2
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End