Skip to main content
Topic: reopening/exporting my files (Read 4836 times) previous topic - next topic

reopening/exporting my files

Hi to everyone,

i wrote several mini-songs with the test-version of nwc that i downloaded in many different internet-cafes here in berlin-
but now i can´t open them again. i would like to open my files again and save/export/transform them in a way so that i can listen to them on my pc at home (where i am not connected to the internet).

Does anybody have a clue what i should do?

thanks in advance
kind regards

Re: reopening/exporting my files

Reply #1
With test version, you can neither export into midi nor open in different users.

You can perchase the program so you can export or reopen.
NWC User since 2008

Reply #2
You should be able to download the file from http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/evaluate.htm, take it home and install it. Unlike most applications, it will still fit on a floppy disk!
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
hi Yoon-ei Kim and Rick G,

thank you for your answers!

with purchasing it, so far the only way i know how to do it is with mastercard-wich i don´t have. i can´t find it anywhere else. i also tried to call them on the phone, so far nobody there.

with downloading and taking home, i think i tried it once with a weird result:
there were strange symbols when i opened it, and still i couldn´t open any of my files.

i really want to purchase NoteWorthy Composer anyway, if i find a way how to do it without the card-thing. if anybody has an idea for this, that would be great!

kind regards
Johannes

Reply #4
with downloading and taking home, i think i tried it once with a weird result:
there were strange symbols when i opened it, and still i couldn´t open any of my files.
You need to take the downloaded installation file, not nwc2.exe
Currently, the installation file is named: setup_nwc21_demo.exe

Reply #5
okay, i will try this,
thanks a lot!

Reply #6
hello Rick G,

i tried it and now i have the test version at home, wich is great-thank you for your advice!
 i still cannot open those other files, of course, as i created them on different computers spreaded all over berlin.--i will have to buy NWC anyway.
but thanks a lot!

kind regards
Johannes

Reply #7
Your are welcome.

AFAIK, you can purchase NoteWorthy Composer with a check or Money Order drawn on a US Bank. IMO, it would be worthwhile to spend the extra $10USD to have the CD mailed to you. The web download might be a bit tricky for you as an e-mail link (which expires in a few days) is sent to you. Or perhaps you could contact NoteWorthy directly and arrange a better method.

Once you have the CD, web updates should not be a problem. You should be able to download them (after proper authentication) almost immediately from an internet cafe.

Reply #8
I could not find any prior communication from you to our support account. If you contact support directly, we can arrange an alternate payment option via Paypal, if that helps. An international money order is also fine (the mail order form can be found on the ordering page).

Reply #9
yes i hope we can figure something out, now.
to order the cd might indeed be the best solution.

thanks again,
and good luck

Johannes