Skip to main content
Topic: new user need help with noteworthy (Read 3436 times) previous topic - next topic

new user need help with noteworthy

hi fellows, 

i am new on the forum and also new with the software, i am from brazil and sorry for my bad english.

i would like to know, how can i use noteworthy software to help me learn piano.

i just want to put a midi song file (i already know how to do that), but i want the program to play just when i hit a key, and the the software goes forward, if i play a wrong key, the software dont go forward and wait until i hit the correct key. is this possible? if yes, how do i do that?

something like a software called "piano wizard" i don't know if you guys ever heard.

thank you for your help,
alex

Re: new user need help with noteworthy

Reply #1
NoteWorthy Composer does not have this kind of play back companion function. This kind of "follow me" companion play back and instruction is built into some MIDI keyboards, and can probably be found as a play back tool in some MIDI sequencing software. Perhaps others will chime in with their own experiences...

Reply #2
It seems that Alex has sent this as a PM to quite a number of us, and we have replied to Alex via PM as well - I answered along the lines of your answer here.
Rich.

Reply #3
Hello, I am a new user that also needs some help with noteworthy.

I would like my music to be viewed differently on my screen, at the moment it is on large line. I know that it will not print like this, but I would like to view the music on my computer 5 bars across, then continuing underneath and so on. How can I do this??

Your help would be appreciated, and thanks for a great program!!

:-)

Reply #4
G'day Tersy,
welcome to the forum.

Now, regarding your question, you cannot view your music the way you have asked in the editor.  The editor is not designed to be WYSIWYG, and personally I find it preferable that way.  Print preview gives a look at how it will print, but for editing, the current arrangement is exceptionally effective.  Especially when editing multi instrument scores.

I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
I would like to view the music on my computer 5 bars across, then continuing underneath and so on. How can I do this??
You need to Zoom out
The speed key is: Alt+hyphen, aka Alt+minus
To select from various levels, use Alt+equals

That will get you 5 measures across. NoteWorthy will not continue "underneath and so on." NoteWorthy is a horizontal roll editor, rather than a page editor. IMO, editing music as one continuous roll is vastly superior to page editing.

I'd still like a simple hot-key into Print Preview and an option to 'Always layer in Print Preview'.
Registered user since 1996