Skip to main content
Topic: bug with tied notes over bar lines in 1.75c (Read 13981 times) previous topic - next topic

bug with tied notes over bar lines in 1.75c

Hi,

I have found a bug when a tied note with a # ties over a bar-line. If the staff is using an instrument that can play very long notes (such as Cello), the note doesn't stop if it is followed by a pause.

I have attached a sample of this bug. If loaded in nwc 1.75c, the note will keep playing until the next note (or in the case of the third sample staff in the attachment, it will not even stop after another note is played).

When loaded in nwc 2.0, it plays just fine, but my problem is that I need to convert the files to midi in a batch-operation, so I have to use the nwc2mid converter from 1.75.

Is there any chance of either an updated version of nwc2mid for 1.75, a new version of it for 2.x or a command line switch for nwc2 to generate a midi-file from command line?

/Jonas Högström

Re: bug with tied notes over bar lines in 1.75c

Reply #1
You need to put a sharp on the note after the bar line on the played staff.  It will "appear" greyed out on the display and won't appear when you print it out.  HTH
Since 1998

Reply #2
Thanks! That seems to have solved the problem. I'm up and running again :-)

Reply #3
If you Force Accidentals on each staff prior to export, the hanging tie problem will go away.
Alt+T F PgDn as a Recorder Macro might help if you have a lot of files.

You may also have problems with Instrument patches. Transposition and Volume maps are discarded when converting from NWC2 to NWC 1.75.
Quote from: NWC2
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Instrument|Name:"Acoustic Grand Piano"|Patch:0|Trans:12|DynVel:10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80|Pos:8|Wide:Y
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
becomes:
Quote from: Export to 1.75
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Instrument|Name:"[#001]"|Patch:0|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127|Pos:8|Wide:Y
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996