Skip to main content
Topic: Scriptorium (Read 2733 times) previous topic - next topic

Scriptorium

I recently upgraded to 2.0, but there are some pieces that when I open them, it says the piece is from 1.75 or newer and I need to upgrade, which I've already done. Is there a way to set up 2.0 so that whenever I open a piece, it opens with 2.0 instead of 1.70?

Thanks

Re: Scriptorium

Reply #1
Install the latest version of the Viewer. There is a link to it on NoteWorthy's homepage. This will update your file associations. It you don't like what it does, come back here and describe what you want it to do. Specify what version of Windows you are using. I can help with XP and Win98. Others can help with other versions.

If you want to print a song done in the old version, it is often best to use the old version.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
As Rick implied, this is a problem with your file associations - a Windows function - not with NWC. The specifics of how you deal with it depend on which version of Windows you have, but basically you need to associate all files with the extension .nwc with NWC2. In WinXP, this is done on the "file types" tab of the dialogue box that opens when you choose "folder options" from the "tools" menu in My Computer. Memory says that it's the same procedure for Win95/98 (but memory can be unreliable). I haven't a clue how it's done in Vista - sorry. Perhaps someone else here on the forum can help you with that.

Cheers,

Bill

Reply #3
In WinXP, you can also trigger the file association in Explorer by right clicking the file name, and from the popdown menu, choose Open With..., Choose Program, then select NWC2 and toggle the check box that asks "always open this type of file with this program." 

I don't know if that will work in Vista, but it might...

Reply #4
A word of caution: If you use the "open with" mechanism combined with the "always open..." option, this will change the standard way in which *.nwc files are configured. Such a change would likely prevent the NWC Viewer from performing its file launch control.