Skip to main content
Topic: NWC2 Doesn't Play Tied Notes? (Read 2624 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC2 Doesn't Play Tied Notes?

Is there a way to make NWC recognize notes tied across bars so that it plays them as one note? 

I'm new to NWC and am really starting to get the hang of the workflow for entering music.  I finished loading a 16th centure madrigal piece (6 parts) that has lots of moving parts.  In fact every part moves differently!  I'm trying to teach all the singers their part by giving them a midi file of just that part.  BUT, shen I played back the soprano part, I noticed that NWC was sounding a tied pair of notes (half-note tied to a quarter note across a bar) as if they were not tied at all.  It sounds the keys as two notes instead of just one.  I guess NWC does not send any midi data for ties?  Is there a work-around?

Thanks.

Ryan

Re: NWC2 Doesn't Play Tied Notes?

Reply #1
Doh!  Problem solved.  I mistook the "slur" command for the "tie" command.  I always have to post a question before I discover the answer on my own;).

Ryan

Reply #2
You might want to check out this thread.
Since 1998

Reply #3
   Hi, Ryan.

In case I can shorten your task ... you'll find a lot of madrigals on my website - http://www.thehoopers.demon.co.uk

And I strongly recommend you provide your singers not with their parts on their own but instead their parts together with but emphasised over all the others.  Hearing how their individual parts fit in with the rest, they'll find their own parts a lot easier to learn.

MusicJohn, 6/Nov/08