Skip to main content
Topic: Trying to compose a piece for classical guitar, but having trouble with format (Read 2105 times) previous topic - next topic

Trying to compose a piece for classical guitar, but having trouble with format

I'm testing out the evaluation, so before I buy I want to know something...

If anybody knows about string instruments that use alternating bass lines, then you know that the bass lines and the treble lines are all in the same bar.  For some reason, I can't get this to work with noteworthy.  The only problem I have is I can't put a bass-line rest below a treble note, the rests always appear above the note when I make them into chords (which is the only way I can put the two together on the same bar, which frustrates me as well.).  I also want to combine two rests into a "chord", such as one rest on top of the other. 

Is this even possible with this software?

And, I've tried layering one bar on top of another, but the bass-line rest gets hidden behind the main rest.

Re: Trying to compose a piece for classical guitar, but having trouble with format

Reply #1
Layering is the answer, as you have guessed. To avoid having the rests hide one another, simply move them vertically. Select the rest you want to move and press <cntrl><shift>up-arrow (or down-arrow) until the rest is in the position you want.

NoteWorthy has only limited support for two independent voices on the same staff, and no support at all for more than two. Layering is the software's default method for notating multiple voices on a single staff. Most of us who use the software regularly like this: it gives the user very detailed control over the placement of the individual voices and their performance instructions.

Hope this helps. This is a very friendly forum full of NoteWorthy enthusiasts, so don't hesitate to ask for further clarification, or for help with other aspects of the software.