Skip to main content
Topic: OT: Microsoft's Mojave experiment (Read 2874 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OT: Microsoft's Mojave experiment

Reply #1
I'm curious how many musicians participated in this Mojave Experiment and if they really liked how Vista handles sound card drivers and mixer/volume settings within Vista.  I'm curious how many musicians tried to get music to work well on a laptop with a crappy Sigmatel or RealTek sound chip.  I'm curious how many musicians tried to get soundfonts to work on a Creative Card under Vista (only to find that the XP driver supports it, but the Vista one doesn't).  I'm just curious...

I tried it, gave it a fair shake, and I'm back to XP for now.  XP just plain handles music stuff better.
John

Re: OT: Microsoft's Mojave experiment

Reply #2
Well, I have to admit it. My experience with Vista is limited to a few quick sessions on a machine belonging to one of my daughters. However, it seems necessary to state here, as I've mentioned before elsewhere in this forum, that I have two sons-in-law who are IT professionals....both of whom owned Vista boxes for a while....one of which has since purchased a new machine and had XP installed on it at extra expense....the other of which has discarded his Vista Ultimate machine and replaced it with a Mac. Not the result of naive users troubled by rumors and difficulty adjusting to a new interface. I still think Vista stinks.

Of course, that's just one man's opinion....

Bill