Skip to main content
Topic: After cancelling bar audit the cursor moves back to bar one! (Read 2969 times) previous topic - next topic

After cancelling bar audit the cursor moves back to bar one!

I use the bar audit to check my durations. Then I cancel it so I don't have to change a hundred awkward tied notes. It would be convenient if the cursor would stay where I'm working but it returns to the top of the score. I note that Noteworthy fixed a similar problem in the score view. It is awfully inconvenient to have to press Ctrl+G and enter the bar number I was working on every time I use this very useful feature. Any ideas?

Re: After cancelling bar audit the cursor moves back to bar one!

Reply #1
You're certainly not alone in this problem - there was considerable discussion in one of these forums only a couple of weeks ago.

I'd suggest not using Audit Bar Lines at all.  Just add an extra "control" staff at the top of your screen filled with bars and rests.  If the bars in the active staff don't have the right number of beats, you'll see the bar lines don't line up with the control staff.  Just delete the control staff when finished.

Meanwhile, why don't you copy your requst to the wish-list?

Re: After cancelling bar audit the cursor moves back to bar one!

Reply #2
This has been fixed. After Audit Bar Lines, the cursor now stays in place.
An exception is that if the cursor is immediately after a bar line, it may be moved to before the bar line.
Registered user since 1996