Skip to main content
Topic: Is the plan to support MusicXML in nwc2 lost? (Read 4160 times) previous topic - next topic

Is the plan to support MusicXML in nwc2 lost?

Hi,
nwc is a GREAT software, but the "serious" musicians ;-) can only manage sib or fin.

I cannot kill them all (i tried ... i tried) so is there a chance to have in nwc2 a good converter from nwc to .. mxml (a neutral site) ?

no joke now, the piano player of our choir doesn,t have nwc and i can't pass him my scores to work on them.

thanks, Andrea

Re: Is the plan to support MusicXML in nwc2 lost?

Reply #1
G'day Andrea,
...the piano player of our choir doesn,t have nwc and i can't pass him my scores to work on them.

I'm not aware of any "official" intent to provide mxml capabilities to NWC, HOWEVER, with the creation of the .nwctxt file import/export I expect one of the more enterprising programmers out there will eventually create an appropriate converter.

There IS an mxml export for NWC1.75 files and an import for NWC2 - with NWC2's v1.75 export capability this may help...

That said, does your piano player have a birthday coming up?  Thirty nine bucks isn't an expensive present...  ;)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Why not just print the parts for the pianist, and give him or her a midi copy of the song?  If s/he uses an electronic piano, the song can play back while s/he practices it.

Reply #3
....or (maybe better yet), point him to the download for the Noteworthy Viewer. It's free, and you can view, listen to, and print scores in it, so they can be e-mailed to him.

Cheers,

Bill

Reply #4
G'day David and William,
...and i can't pass him my scores to work on them.

I interpreted that to mean that the pianist would be assisting in the score writing - I wonder if Andrea can clear that up for us...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
The point is not for your users to go out and convert the World to Noteworthy. They simply won't do it. We love Noteworthy just as much as they love their own programs. The cost of relearning and converting is much bigger than $39.

By making Noteworthy interact with other programs, we all get stronger, especially the creators of Noteworthy. Right now I can think of no better feature for your software or for your users (myself being one of them) than to make this conversion to an international standard.

I say this from a software developers point of View, I have had 500 000 downloads of TurboCASH Accounting. A large part of my development goes into data conversions.

Take a leaf from Bill gates - embrace - extend - eliminate!