Skip to main content
Topic: Equivalent Notes (Read 2693 times) previous topic - next topic

Equivalent Notes

I am notating a choral work.  A second section of the work changes the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4.  I want to add a notation above the top system showing the equivalent notes -- whole note = dotted half note -- using the actual note symbols.  I would appreciate any suggestions or help.

Re: Equivalent Notes

Reply #1
I think you'll find one of Lawrie's user fonts has something for other time equivalencies, and perhaps this one.  If all else fails, though, you could try this:

!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Note|Dur:Whole,Grace|Pos:7|Opts:Muted
|Text|Text:"(                   )"|Font:PageSmallText|Pos:7|Justify:Center
|Text|Text:"="|Font:StaffItalic|Pos:7|Wide:Y|Justify:Center
|Note|Dur:Half,Dotted,Grace|Pos:7|Opts:XNoteSpace=2,Muted
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Rick suggested I should put the clip into 1.75 format, since you're probably not using version 2.  Check the attachment.  (Also, suppress the leger lines using note properties)

Re: Equivalent Notes

Reply #2
How about this.

You'll need SwingDings.  See the Scripto if you don't have it: http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#Fonts

MusikDingsSans and MusikDingsSerif will also work, just change the "User 1" font to suit.

<edit> actually, these glyphs are in the text font within each suite - E.G. SwingText (part of SwingDings) is used in this example...

Also, if you want the "=" sign to be in the same vertical position as the note heads you'll need to create 2 text entries, both located in the same place/justification but padded with spaces slightly diferently to align things.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.