Skip to main content
Topic: shifting work area problem (Read 2907 times) previous topic - next topic

shifting work area problem

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a program feature I don't like, but NWC has a disconcerting habit, during certain actions, of shifting the area I'm working on over to the far left side of the screen. I'm seeing it just now in the process of changing bar line properties. Does this bother anyone else? Personally, I would prefer to have the score stay where I put it vis-a-vis the screen boundaries at all times except during playback. I stay oriented better if I can see the music both before and after the part I'm working on, so every time the program shifts the current bar all the way over to the left I have to stop what I'm doing and shift it at least partway back. This is getting old. Could we have a fix?

Re: shifting work area problem

Reply #1
I concur.

I also really hate the way certain actions, like changing the visible staves, also resets the cursor position to the start of the work on the top staff.

I recognise that there may be little choice should I make the current staff hidden but if I'm working on a piece with visible, muted staves - notice a problem and need to make an invisible, playing staff visible - I really don't need to find myself back at the start of the work and have to go "bar hunting".

There, Lawrie gripe for the day ;)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: shifting work area problem

Reply #2
Concur

(but I'm not grumpy)