Skip to main content
Topic: Staff Layout While Playing (Read 2875 times) previous topic - next topic

Staff Layout While Playing

Is there a way to cofigure NoteWothry to show staff lines like in a printed sheet music (one under unother) while playing? The default setting that shows one continous staff is dificult to follow up if you're playing along.

Re: Staff Layout While Playing

Reply #1
G'day Andrew,
the answer is - no.  Only in print preview...

I would like a print|preview style presentation to be available during playback also - but ONLY as an option...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Hello Andre,

I do not often disagree with Lawrie - and he is quite right that the answer is no.  BUT as with a lot of things in NoteWorthy, there is a sort of a work round that will work for both version 1 and 2 files.

Fortunately, Noteworthy allows you to open a single file in the editor ( NoteWorthy Composer or NoteWorthy Composer 2) AND the Viewer at the same time.

So what you have to do is to save the work you have done in whichever exeutable you are using, then open it in the NWC Viewer.
In the viewer, go toTools / Options and set "Start play countdown" to something like 8 and then click "Play"

ALT TAB back to NoteWorthy Composer and set it up as print preview and hover the  cursor over "next".   In a few seconds, the player will start playing the music and you can follow on the print preview, clicking next at the appropriate place to turn the page.

OK - you don't have the red chasing notes - but you are listening to playback while looking at the notation in a sheet music form rather than the horizontal form.

Perhaps not quite what you wanted- but close.
Rich.

Reply #3
G'day Richard,
nice workaround - I very rarely use the viewer so that possibility did escape me.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Rich, that is seriously cool.  Thank you.