Skip to main content
Topic: NWC with Garritan or other VSTi instruments? (Read 4949 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC with Garritan or other VSTi instruments?

I've been using NWC for 10 years and I'm very happy with it. I'm making the switch from my hardware synth to the Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO). People on the GPO forums are telling me I should get Finale or Sibelius, and my first thought is WHY? I've got NWC and it does everything I want.

My question is this: has anybody used NWC with Garritan? How do I set it up so NWC sends the midi messages to a software synth? I'm new to this whole software synth thing, so in this area I'm a complete newbie. (on edit: I'm using NWC version 1.75a)

Thanks,

--gary
http://www.soundclick.com/garyshannon

Re: NWC with Garritan or other VSTi instruments?

Reply #1
Can't tell you much about it - but..

This won't natively work with NoteWorthy because NoteWorthy doesn't (yet) support VST.

However, you can get it to work if you download Garritan Personal Studio.

What this does is to give you GPO studio devices in the playback - so if you goto Tools / Options / Midi     you will then see in the available play devices, GPO studio 1   to GPO studio 8.   (ie 8 of them)

Each instance is 8 slots. (or eight instruments) - these can then be assigned to the midi channels with different instruments.

Can't be much more help since it's not me that did it - but I know it can be done.

Rich.

Reply #2
Thanks. As soon as the mailman brings me my copy of GPO so I can start playing with it, I'll try that out.

--gary

Reply #4
fiziwig,
I'd be very interested to hear of your experiences and how you solved whatever problems you may have.

While I'm not particularly looking at GPO, I am interested in finding out more about VST in general.

Thanks

<edit> BTW, welcome to the forum. 
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.