Skip to main content
Topic: how can i get the distance between the bars fixed  (Read 3249 times) previous topic - next topic

how can i get the distance between the bars fixed

do anyone know how i can get the distance between the bars fixed
i also like to know how i can the distance between the note represent the note lenght

any answer will be appreciated
regards frans nijenhuis
the netherlands

Re: how can i get the distance between the bars fixed

Reply #1
Here are some things that might help:

FAQ - Can more space be added above or below a staff?
http://ntworthy.com/composer/faq/22.htm

FAQ - Is there a way to put notes closer together on the staff?
http://ntworthy.com/composer/faq/17.htm

FAQ - Why will my song file not print properly or at all?
http://ntworthy.com/composer/faq/93.htm

Reply #2
Hi Frans,

If you are an NWC2 Tester, you are eligible for the Newsgroup. Please join!
We already have Jan Hofland, Reinder Mulder, Mike Wiering... why not another fellow countryman?
And: you will not regret it a bit. Lots more answers to lots more questions - and we share .nwc files.

cheers,
Rob.

Reply #3
the anwers you give are not what i am looking for
by the way i am new in this world so the is the possibility that i ask stupid questions
i shall refrase the question
i write the notes down for our arranger , and he asked me if it was possible to have fixed size fields between the bars and also for every note an fixed distance
so a complete note takes +/- 2 cm
a half note takes 1 cm and so on
i write the misic for a choir and not al people can read notes perfect
so to give them a helping hand this looked like a good idea

Reply #4
G'day Frans,
welcome to the forum...

<snip>
i write the notes down for our arranger , and he asked me if it was possible to have fixed size fields between the bars and also for every note an fixed distance so a complete note takes +/- 2 cm a half note takes 1 cm and so on

The answer is: not really.  It is possible to control many things.  Using the "Force system break" option for a barline will allow you to cause a new staff to start - this way you can force how many bars per staff you want - up to a point...  You cannot easily make them all the same size.

The option in |File|Page Setup|Options (tab) to "Increase spacing for longer notes" might help but isn't perfect.

It may also be possible to "pad" bars using text entries of space characters with "preserve width" turned on.  However I think this will have limited usefulness.

i write the misic for a choir and not al people can read notes perfect so to give them a helping hand this looked like a good idea

Perhaps - it would be better if they can learn some elementary music reading skills.  They would benefit in the long term IMHO
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
You cannot easily make them all the same size.

I agree with Lawrie's reply entirely.  One thing I would suggest is that you don't want every system to have the same number of bars.  It helps the eye to track from one line to the next if the all the bar lines on the page are not aligned with the staff above or below.