Skip to main content
Topic: Wish List - common tempo changes and note sound on click (Read 4693 times) previous topic - next topic

Wish List - common tempo changes and note sound on click

We use Noteworthy to learn scores in our choral group. It's a very good tool for our needs, but would be even better if we could:

1.  Change the tempo globally by x%
2.  Here a note by clicking on it in a non-playing stave.

N.B. Thanks for the export of NWC 1.75 and to the people that suggested it.

Re: Wish List - common tempo changes and note sound on click

Reply #1
Well you can do both of them in a roundabout way.

NWC2 has the ability to sound the note on entry.  So if yours doesn't, then go to Tools / Options / Midi /     and check "Play notes on entry".
Then if you want to hear a note that is already on the stave - place the cursor next to it (at the same pitch) and press enter. (OK so you will need to delete the note afterwards - but hey ! )
Change the Tempo Globally by x%
This would assume that all of your tempo changes are on one staff and not scattered on different staves.
If this is the case then you can use Andrew Purdam's Global change user tool.
The command would be php global_mod.php Tempo Tempo*=0.6 to change the tempo down to 60 % of its previous value.
You would of course need to do a complementary instruction to change all of the Tempo settings back.

Rich.

Reply #2
I've just been alerted that someone else has posted while I've been writing this.

G'day Stowyn,

We use Noteworthy to learn scores in our choral group. It's a very good tool for our needs, but would be even better if we could:
1.  Change the tempo globally by x%

This one can be fairly easily achieved with a user tool.  If you haven't used user tools yet I recommend you explore the possibilities.  The starter kit is available here: http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/usertools/

It includes Andrew's excellent "Global_Mod".   Once installed you can use the default invocation with this instruction "Tempo Tempo*=1.1" to increase the speed by 10%, for example.

You could also create a specific "Tempo Change" invocation thus:
  • Press <Alt-F8> to start the User Tool dialogue
  • Click "Edit..."
  • Enter a name - E.G. "Global Mod - Tempo Change"
  • Enter the Command - E.G. "php\php.exe Scripts\adp_GlobalMod.php Tempo Tempo*=<PROMPT:Enter your multiplier here:=*>" (don't use the quotes, of course)
  • Click OK

You might need to check the actual name of the GlobalMod php file, on my system it is named "adp_GlobalMod.php", but I don't recall if I changed it to that or if it was installed by the starter pack as that...  It may be called simply "GlobalMod.php"

This will be a permanently available invocation.

When you run it you will be asked for a "multiplier".  1.1 will increase the tempo by 10%, .9 will decrease it by 10%...

2.  Here a note by clicking on it in a non-playing stave.

Sorry, no quick answer for this one, unless you turn on "Play notes on entry" on the Midi tab in the |Tools|Options| dialogue and are prepared to delete the note you enter when you presss <Enter>...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
At least we agree Lawrie !
Rich.