Skip to main content
Topic: Jumping-Marks / Parts (probably feature request) (Read 4391 times) previous topic - next topic

Jumping-Marks / Parts (probably feature request)

Hello Community and NWC2-Team,

when I'm writing music in NWC2 I mostly use a tempo-track which I also use for comments and notes (just with "X" a text).

What I miss in NWC2 is the possibility to jump around a bit. Of course, ctrl+Left/Right works for going fast through my bars and if you know your Bar-Number you can jump easylie there.

But it would be perfekt if I could just add a jumping mark and then jumping there or scrolling through by some keyboard-shortcut like Alt+Left/Right.

Re: Jumping-Marks / Parts (probably feature request)

Reply #1
G'day Steele,
Ann Macfarlane mentioned something like this in 2002 and I'm sure it was suggested again just recently:
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=2924.0

I think the idea has merit...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
hm, yes.. excluding from barcount could be a way. I hope this workaround will not turn out as a problem for some situations with my comment/tempo/drone track.

//Edit
Now, after testing, I have to say that this mostly a help for you mind. instead of having numers like 8, 32, 55, 89  as Part-Bars in your mind you now have to memorize straight numbers 1 2 3. The excluded bars are still bars, so crtl+lef/right will jump one bar. For quick jumping around this way is a bit confusing, too.

I stay at my "feature request". The barcount-thing is quite nice, but its just an workaround.

Reply #4
Where you want to mark the part, use text to simply write
|Text|Text:"marker"|Font:StaffItalic|Pos:9|Wide:N|Justify:Left|Placement:BestFit|Color:0|Visibility:Default

Then copy this into the dialogue box of Find ( Control-F ).  Not perfect, but fairly efficient.  Find it the once, to embed it, then all you have to do is make sure you're on the right staff, then press Home and then F3, and you'll be right where you want to be.

Not a perfect solution, but a decent workaround while you wait for your wish to be granted...