Skip to main content
Topic: Triplet bracket directionCan't paste this illustr (Read 3117 times) previous topic - next topic

Triplet bracket directionCan't paste this illustr

It would be nice to be able to control the direction of the triplet bracket to avoid the clashes they cause in a score, such as in this illustration at the third bar of A and at two before B.

(Sorry I couldn't put this on the wishlist, there's no way to attach a graphic there.)

Re: Triplet bracket directionCan't paste this illustr

Reply #1
I agree. Should be able to use something like: |Note|Dur:4th,Triplet=First,Upward|Pos:0
But, in the meantime, Layer:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Note|Dur:4th,Triplet=First|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Up,StemLength=0
|Note|Dur:4th,Triplet|Pos:1
|Note|Dur:4th,Triplet=End|Pos:0
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
With:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:0|Opts:Muted
|Rest|Dur:4th|Opts:VertOffset=2048|Visibility:Never
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
 That does the trick. Nice workaround, Rick. Appreciate it.  Back to the grind. 

I've drafted a horn player for my Ellington band to see if it's feasible to have him fill a vacant trombone chair.  We rehearse tomorrow, so I'm madly transposing and printing parts for him.  With some charts, I can put all three parts on a trio type of score, so we have some flexibility. 

4 down, 8 to go to be ready for tomorrow...thank heavens for scalable fonts and for the latest pdfcreator.

here goes!

Reply #3
Just curious, David, is that Blue Skies™?

Reply #4
No, it's the three trombone parts for Old King Dooji, by Ellington, transposed for French Horn.  I use it as my band's theme song because it's uptempo.  It's challenging for the trumpets, ends on a clarinet high G, but the reed parts just fall under the fingers.