Skip to main content
Topic: Things i'd like  (Read 2347 times) previous topic - next topic

Things i'd like

sign fp  would be nice. Also how about accidental on octaves most printed music has the accidental repeated on the octave above or below.  slurs under slurs, often in vioin music.  Beams over rests eg. semis and alternate semi rests.  Lots of other thing would be nice hope they are coming soon.  I notice cresc dim harpins are on the way thank goodness I was getting fed up with using a biro.

Re: Things i'd like

Reply #1
notice cresc dim harpins are on the way

Graphic dynamic variances ("hairpins") were one of the first features of version 2 beta. 

Beams over rests

We've had them in version 2 beta for a very long time.

slurs under slurs, often in violin music

This can be accomplished easily in Version 1 or 2 with a layered staff, using hidden rests.  Put your smaller group of slurred notes on your main staff.  In the next staff, just enter the first and last note of the bigger group, and pad in between with rests, set to visiblity never, then slur from the first note, across the rests, to the last one. If the slurs overlap, just adjust the position of one of the rests in the second staff.

how about accidental on octaves most printed music has the accidental repeated on the octave above or below

This has been the subject of hot debate in this forum over the years.  Without taking sides, I think the consensus is that music theory dictates an accidental only applies to notes of the same pitch, not the same note in other octaves.  If you want an accidental in another octave, you must write it.  Both versions of NWC follow this rule.  If you wanted the accidental to automatically print in the other octaves, NWC would need to behave incorrectly.  However, how hard is it, really, to make an accidental?  Highlight the note, hit 7, 8 or 9 on the keypad.  Done.

I was getting fed up with using a biro

Sounds as if you should sign up for the version 2 betatest.  There are still improvements to be made, but you'll find it's far, far better than version 1.  It's very inexpensive to upgrade (see the home page) and it's as easy to use as version 1.