Skip to main content
Topic: ANSI/ASCI Flats etc (Read 2740 times) previous topic - next topic

ANSI/ASCI Flats etc

Have we  progressed yet to be able to type a decent flat or sharp in text as in a title or chord, simply with Alt+ or other keyboard shortcut. I know you can do it in Word but how in NWC?

Re: ANSI/ASCI Flats etc

Reply #1
G'day llucy,
depends on what ya call decent...

I don't know if you've looked at any of my 'Dings suites but if you haven't, they contain matching fonts that include sharps and flats etc. in the text font.

So, if you want a sharp in the title, provided you're using say, SwingText, as your Page Title Text font then the # (hash) is the same as the sharp symbol in the matching NWC2SwingDings NWC2 system font (as well as the NWC1 replacement font included in the suite), <Alt-0132> will give you a matching flat, <Alt-0136> is the natural.

I didn't include double flat or double sharp though using the flat twice in succession may be sufficient and there is an X that may suffice at <Alt-0215> for the double sharp.

If you don't like SwingDings, there is also MusikDingsSans and MusikDingsSerif to try.

Available on the Scripto: http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#Fonts
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
thanks Lawrie, I realise what you say, but really I'm looking for a  'universal' "flat" that I can pop in any Word Processor type application, like with ANSI codes  ê ë ì ç  etc.

Reply #3
Merry Christmas llucy,

thanks Lawrie, I realise what you say, but really I'm looking for a  'universal' "flat" that I can pop in any Word Processor type application, like with ANSI codes  ê ë ì ç  etc.

You'll still need a font that contains the required character(s)...  Mostly I've only seen 'em in specific music fonts, not with text combined in the same font, hence my suggestion of the 'Dings stuff as you'd mentioned wanting to put it into the NWC song title.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.