Skip to main content
Topic: Previwing NWC2 Songs. (Read 4976 times) previous topic - next topic

Previwing NWC2 Songs.

When i'm on the vpmag.com/nwc website and i'm trying to preview NWC2 songs, It loads the original NWC and tells me that I need NWC2. I have it installed, so i don't see the problem. Is there a way to preview NWC2 songs without having to save them then load them directly through NWC2? 

Re: Previwing NWC2 Songs.

Reply #1
You probably need to change the file association setting if you're using Windows.  It is recognizing NWC version 1 when it sees the NWC extension in a file name. 

A quick fix is to find an NWC2 file on your hard drive, using Windows Explorer.  Right click on it (or perhaps shift-right click) and choose "open with."  Then choose NWC2 and tick the "always use the selected program for this type of file."

Reply #2
G'day Josh,
while David's suggestion will work, perhaps an even better way is to install the NWC2 Viewer.

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/viewer.htm

You don't need to actually use the viewer, but its installation program will detect the existence of NWC1 and 2 and then it (the viewer) will be made the default program for .NWC files to be opened by.

Within the viewer is a setting that will allow you to tell the viewer to open files in the editor rather than the viewer.

What this results in is the correct version of NWC being used for each NWC file you open.  Each time you go to open an NWC file, the viewer code intervenes, detects the NWC version required and then the file is opened in that version of NWC.

I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
You need not formally save the NWC2 file. After installing the viewer, if you choose to Open the file, it will launch into NWC2.  The (*.nwc) file will be saved to your cache, where eventually it will be deleted.

The browser plug-in described here:
http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/plugin.htm

Is for NWC 1.75b files.  To my knowledge, there is no NWC2 equivalent.

Normally, I let NoteWorthy answer questions like these, but this being the weekend ...
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Thanks for helping me out for the 3rd time now Lawrie.

Reply #5
'tis a pleasure Josh.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Lawrie,

I cannot see the option you mention for opening in Editor in my Noteworthy viewer

Tony

Reply #7
Tony,

In the viewer, it's
Tools / Options  then check "Automatic Launch into NWC"

Rich.