Skip to main content
Topic: Signs missing (Read 3918 times) previous topic - next topic

Signs missing

Hy everybody,

Im' a new NWC user and I'm really happy with. However, as I'm preparing arrangements for my band, it seems to me that some useful signs are not available, as for example : repeating previous beam (./.) very useful for repeated arpeggios for guitar during all the music.
This is only to avoid to have a 35 pages master (modern music) score simply for the space used for arpeggios.

Could somebdy help me ?

Tank you.

Raffaele
Turin, Italy 

Re: Signs missing

Reply #1
You can put the arpeggios in and then hide them. Then insert text (width preserved) for the repetition symbol. That way the music plays as it should but only the symbols appear on the printed output.

Reply #2
Check out the Scriptorium at:  http://nwc-scriptorium.org/
There you will find several downloadable font sets that include any symbol you want. Once imported into your font file they can be accessed by NWC through the page setup/fonts tab. There are several threads that explain the procedure on this forum, and I believe there are instructions included when you download the fonts. Just be aware that as text items, they have no effect on playback.

Reply #3
You can find the text entries needed to make the single note repeat, the single bar repeat and the two bar repeat at the bottom of the score in my Multibar_rests.nwc file, at http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#NWCFiles 

You'll need  the SwingDings font set up as UserFont 3, size 16 for this score and the score you're working on.  Then just copy the appropriate rests or other signs over the appropriate bars in your target file. 

Reply #4
Dear David and Peter,

Thank you indeed for your very useful notes on signs I didn't find originally. Sorry for the delay of my reply (just 5 months...) but I was away up yesterday.

Reply #5
You're welcome and welcome back.

Reply #6
I think it was Gummy Bears where I heard "I can do this!" so I experimented with
the / sign on the keyboard and juggled the . sign as I would write a text for a lyric and bingo I had
a repeat bar and chords even hand written in ink pen which any garage band
reader would have felt very at home with, even rhythm strocks in the stave using the
/ on the keyboard combind with the fonts in the page set up ,for that homely funky
hand written effect .Ideal for any rythme section for the guys to strum along with and
follow the road map.