Skip to main content
Topic: how to enter composer's name? (Read 5355 times) previous topic - next topic

how to enter composer's name?

Does anyone know how to enter the composer's name in the authoring info?? There is only space for the arranger's name under that heading. I've looked under every other heading and can't seem to find the place, so my song just prints out with the arranger's name on the right and nothing on the left.  Help!
Thanks!

Re: how to enter composer's name?

Reply #1
Assuming you are using NWC 1.75, then there is only one spot for authoring information.  What I usually do is enter something like,  w/m: John Doe  arr: Bob Blow

In NWC 2.0 (beta), there are two fields; one for the composer, the other for the lyricist.  But you can use them however you want.  The composer field prints on the right under the title; the lyricist field prints on the left under the title.  I have started using the lyricist field for the song number in the music book I'm working on and just putting everything else in the composer field (as above).

Hope this helps.

- John
John

Reply #2
Thanks for the info. At least I know I wasn't just overlooking it. I write music for other people's words, and definitely want to give them credit. I'll look into getting the upgrade.

MusicHeart

Reply #3
You can also enter the composer as text above the first couple of measures. Put the cursor where you want to enter the name, hit "x "for the text dialogue box, choose text type, size etc. and enter whatever you need. Check it in print preview to see how it will look and adjust as necessary.

Reply #4
Is the 2nd edition actually out now? Or is it still in the Beta?

If so, can I upgrade for free or do I have to buy it?

Reply #5
Hi, Bob -

Version 2 is still in Beta; however, if you have the 1.75 (or 1.75b CD) with the registration label and the actual CD media, you can upgrade to the Beta for free.  If you do not have that (pre 1.75), then you can always purchase a replacement CD for $15, which will then qualify you for getting the Beta (you'll have to wait for it to arrive in the mail).  Having a previous version and then having upgraded to 1.75b via the web over time is not the same as having the 1.75(b) CD.  Being part of the beta qualifies you for a free upgrade to the downloadable version of NWC 2.0, once it is released.

Or you can wait for the official release date and pay whatever is determined to be the price (I suspect it will be at least $15, if not more).

I can definitely attest to the fact that while there may be a few more minor changes before release, the beta is very stable and I have converted all my files over to it to take advantage of the new features.  NWC 2.0 will load your 1.75 files, but once you save them in 2.0 format, you can't open them again in 1.7x.  If you need to do that, then make sure you use "save as" instead.

Hope that helps.

- John
John

Reply #6
all I need to get the beta is the product key, right?

Reply #7
G'day Bob,

all I need to get the beta is the product key, right?

Not quite.  The eligibility requirements are here:
http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/

Note particularly point 2. in the requirements list

Also note that you must have the 1.75 CD as the installation process uses files from this CD.  You cannot install without it.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #8
Okay...I have that. You think I could download it at work with the CD, and take it home to upgrade my computer? Since I don't have Internet on my computer at home that I have NoteWorthy installed on?

*realizes this thread has totally strayed from its topic and feels guilty for switching it*

Reply #9
G'day Bob,
you don't need the disk to do the download, you need it for the install.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #10
cool, thanks!