Skip to main content
Topic: Now I'm NOT EVEN allowed to post ANYTHING on the NWC2 forums! (Read 4716 times) previous topic - next topic

Now I'm NOT EVEN allowed to post ANYTHING on the NWC2 forums!

Regular members do not have access to most of the profile options. If you upgrade your account to NWC2 Tester, then you have access to the full compliment of profile options.
Yeah, Eric, why can't we? Why don't you make ALL of the profile option accessible to ANY regular "Member"? On most other forums, MOST, if not ALL, of the profile options are accessible to ANY regular "Member"! And besides that, it is VERY LIKELY that the default settings of SMF allow any regular "Member" to access ALL of the profiles options and have no time limit for message-editing!
ERIC!, not only did you not do that! And what have you done now!? You don't even allow ANYONE to post a reply, start a new thread, or download attachments on ANY of the "[NWC2]" forums now! HOW MEAN ARE YOU, ERIC?!

Re: Now I'm NOT EVEN allowed to post ANYTHING on the NWC2 forums!

Reply #1
I don't know why you bother with NWC2. I have it but never use it. I haven't found any earth-shattering improvements. I do plenty on NWC each day and I'm happy. Time we scrapped this stupid new forum and got back to the simpler one.

Reply #2
I'll tell you what: on another forum that also uses "SMF 1.1 RC2", that is, the same one that this forum (the "My Noteworthy Software Community") uses. On that forum, all the profile options are available to any normal member, and there is NO time limit for edits at all! I can edit any post that I posted, and I can still edit it no matter how long it has been after I posted it. I even edited a message that I posted LAST YEAR, and I even still can change the title and no "Last Edit:" text appears! On this forum, even when I'm still allowed to edit, if after a few minutes after I posted the message, I edit the message, the "Last Edit:" text appears...

Reply #3
So what? Who cares? That is there, this is here. If you don't like here, go there.

Reply #4
Eric REALLY SHOULD make at least the profile options available to ANY regular "member", and have no message-editing timeout! He should make the attachments on any of the NWC forums accessible even to guests, not to mention "members"! And he should also make the "[NWC2]" forums viewable for guests! Guess what he did? He changed the priveiliges JUST YESTERDAY! Before today, I could even download the attachments on the "[NWC2]" forums, start new threads, or post replies on those forums!

Reply #5
Why?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
user111, maybe you should try decaf

Reply #7
NWC2 Testers can Attach!!!!..why don't you find thal Ol' CD and go to the upgrade page like I told you before!!!!
joshers2005

Reply #8
I agree with llucyy.

Further, I have been a member of several forums where the owner of the forum "updated" or "improved" their forum and then went "nuts" with rules, regulations, and policing the forum, etc.  Invariably this led to a loss of focus, hard feelings, and only a few sycophants who continued to be active participants.

Is this where the Noteworthy forums are headed?

I suggest that we forget about all the new forum "bells and whistles" and get back to those things that are of real interest to us all:  MUSIC!

IMHO, that is.

Reply #9
I too preferred the format of the old forums.  This one is a bit too complicated, but I'm getting used to it.

It's too bad it was necessary to change, but it was necessary because of the poor behaviour of a couple of participants who didn't know enough to hit "delete" instead of "send" when they wrote inappropriate messages.

I could be wrong (I often am) but I think this new format allows NWC the potential of shutting out anyone who goes too far.