Skip to main content
Topic: Glitch in nwc2upd_v2p1z_beta1x00 Update (Read 4937 times) previous topic - next topic

Glitch in nwc2upd_v2p1z_beta1x00 Update

I just installed the nwc2upd_v2p1z_beta1x00.exe update and opened a choral piece I was working on and found that all the triplets over unbeamed eight notes were gone.  I blocked the 3 notes and clicked on the "Triplet Selected Notes" button and nothing happened.  I then beamed the notes and again clicked on the button and they were tripled.  I then unbeamed the notes and the triplet held.  This is the first time I encountered this problem in NWC2.  How soon to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Re: Glitch in nwc2upd_v2p1z_beta1x00 Update

Reply #1
Same here....really threw my compositions for a loop!  No triplets, and all former triplets are gone!  HELP! I have to finish and record them by the weekend!

Mark
Nothing ruins a good hobby like doing it for a living...

Reply #2
Confirmed here also.  In addition, it will not allow you to tripletise quarter notes (crotchets for you folks on the other side of the pond) or, for that matter, any equal duration of notes you wish to tripletise in a group of three or any type of combinations of an eighth note and quarter note (quaver and crotchet) triplet.

Reply #3
Thanks. A fix should be available shortly.

Reply #4
I just installed the nwc2upd_v2p1z_beta1x00.exe update and opened a choral piece I was working on and found that all the triplets over unbeamed eight notes were gone. 

Setting a stem direction for each note solves the problem. It also solves the crochet problem. A quick workaround would appear to be:

• Load the song.
  • Select the entire staff and set all stems either up or down.
  • Redo the triplets. (If you remember where they are :( )
  • Audit note stems.

Another problem:
Audit Note Stems removes all the |RestChord| Vertical Offsets!  Not nice.

This:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|RestChord|Dur:Whole|Opts:Stem=Down,VertOffset=-2|Dur2:Whole|Pos2:4
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Becomes this (after Audit Note Stems):
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|RestChord|Dur:Whole|Opts:Stem=Down|Dur2:Whole|Pos2:4
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
The Audit Note Stems behavior is not new to the beta, but this latest update does make a change in this area.

Reply #6
RestChord problem fixed in less than 30 minutes from report!
Must be some kind of record.  Many thanks.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #7
Eric,

Thanks for the quick turnaround.  You certainly couldn't rely on or expect this type of rapid response from that major software company located in Redmond, Washington.

Reply #8
Wonderful!! Thank you!  Works great now!

Mark
Nothing ruins a good hobby like doing it for a living...