Skip to main content
Topic: Add a Staff only for part of piece (Read 5639 times) previous topic - next topic

Add a Staff only for part of piece

I'd like to add a staff for a soprano descant but have it appear only on a couple of pages toward the end of the piece.

How can I do that in NoteWorthy Composer 1.50?

Re: Add a Staff only for part of piece

Reply #1
As far as I'm aware you can't with nwc printout but..

What I tend to do is to score the various different staff setups
as different nwc scores then when I wish to print copy the
printout as bitmap files (from print preview) then assemble the
final score in a DTP package (in my case Page Plus).
I did this quite successfully for a set of Anglican responses I
wrote last year.

Hope this helps,

Geoff Allan

Reply #2
NWC does not currently support score systems with varying staff contents in a single printout. As Geoff points out, you can manually build different systems and construct them, but there is not way to do this just with NWC Vercion 1.50 and a single print command.

Reply #3
You might try dividing the score up as separate files for single pages to be printed. (For example... "song_pg1", "song_pg2", etc.) You could then add the single staff for the page or pages required and then remove them when they are finished. They would print on the entire page but it would do the trick.

Reply #4
In your case, (a staff more in last pages) you can divide your complete score into 2 parts only :
the 1st part with the "normal score";
the 2nd with the soprano+normal score. You may have to add some empty measure before the sop. really starts though to match a complete page.
Do not forget to set the 1st page number in the 2nd file :-)

HTH, MAD