Skip to main content
Topic: Sound Issue (Read 4201 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound Issue

First let me say I've been using Noteworthy for almost two years now, and it's a great product. ;)

Ok, here's the problem: I have a SB Live! 24-Bit soundcard. I got it new, not too long ago; a couple weeks. The problems is, whenever I play any MIDI, or NWC file, the sound sometimes cuts out. Not on all instruments, not on all notes, and not always in the same place. Sometimes it's even only a note or two in a chord. As you can imagine this is very bothersome. I've called their technical support, I've gone to their forums, I've tried everything on their end, and they say it's the music program. -.- Well, I don't know if that's true or not, but it shouldn't be, considering my old standard sound card worked perfectly fine with it. And it's only MIDI or NWC files, not MP3 or anything else.

So, my question is, is Noteworthy compatible with my sound card, and if so, does anyone have any idea of what I should do?

Re: Sound Issue

Reply #1
G'day BR68,
my guess is that you need to download the latest drivers from Creative.  A lot of their shipping drivers - especially for the Audigy range just plain suck.

I might add that before I bought my first Audigy, I had a "Live 5" which worked perfectly with NWC.

The Aussie Creative download site is here:
http://au.creative.com/support/downloads/

Follow the prompts and download the driver.  Be warned, if you have loaded sound fonts or changed any other settings like EAX stuff etc., you will need to re-do them.

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.