Skip to main content
Topic: How do I add a new line in a piece? I'm using version 1.75 (Read 24759 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I add a new line in a piece? I'm using version 1.75

If I try adding a new staff, it just adds a 3rd staff to the first line but I want to add a whole new line under the first one.  Thanks.

Re: How do I add a new line in a piece? I'm using version 1.75

Reply #1
How many lines you get is determined by the length of the piece, margins, and font size. To see the lines you have to look at print preview. The staves in the editor where you are working just continue as one line until you are done.
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Reply #3
Something that may be causing you confusion is that when NWC adds a new staff, all it does is give you the system opening barline. You will have to add everything else - clef, time signature, key signature, and all the notes, rests, and barlines. To fill in the new staff with rests to the point where you need it, add the clef, time sig, and key sig, then set note length to whole note and press <spacebar><tab> repeatedly until you are under the point in the music where you want to begin adding notes. The spacebar gives you rests, which will be whole-measure rests with this setting; the tab gives you barlines.

Reply #4
If you are writing a second instrumental or vocal part that is in unison with the first staff for a number of bars, then goes divisi, after you add the new staff, just copy and paste the contents of the first staff onto the second up to where you want the divisi to start.