Skip to main content
Topic: Windows 7 - Dot Tool (Read 3683 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows 7 - Dot Tool

I just set up NWC2 on a Windows 7 machine. Though in general it runs just fine, I've noticed at least one oddity. When I press the period key, instead of toggling the "Dot" toolbar button, it now cycles through the "Dot," "Double Dot" and "no dots." It worked fine (i.e., toggled the "Dot" button on & off) in Windows XP, so I'm guessing it's due to a new keyboard driver. Has anyone else noticed this behavior, or know of a fix?

Dick Adams

Re: Windows 7 - Dot Tool

Reply #1
That's what NWC2 does - the period toggles dot, double dot, no dot, etc.  Doesn't matter whether it's Windows 7, Vista, XP, etc.  It's done that for quite some time (in the beta, before the release).

John

Reply #2
Hmmm... Well, maybe I'm getting Oldtimer's Disease, but I could have sworn it just toggled the Dot button in XP. Sigh...

Reply #4
Thanks, Rick!  I knew that at one time (that the order of the icons affects the keyboard shortcut), but had forgotten.  I'm just so used to cycling through all three, that I don't even think about it.  But it's good to be reminded of those sometimes forgotten features.
John