Skip to main content
Topic: Great things about NoteWorthy (Read 7170 times) previous topic - next topic

Great things about NoteWorthy

I'd just like to start a thread where people can say what features they like about NTW. I want to do this because I showed a few musician friends Noteworthy and they found delight in how easy it was to insert notes, chords, staffs, and be able to write large pieces without spending more than 5 minutes learning how to do everything.
Another thing I think is great how I can copy out a page and stick it in my desktop publishing software and make my own sheet music. (the look of a Noteworthy score is so good.)

Re: Great things about NoteWorthy

Reply #1
Yes. One thing I look for in a piece of software is its intuitve feel.
If I'm able to sit down with it, bash a few keys and click the mouse a bit,
and produce something reasonable after only a few minutes, then
I think it's great.

NWC is just that!

More power to your elbow!

Reply #2
I agree. After a long time searching for decent composing software, I finally found NWC, and registered within a week. Another 3 guys from my work, and a couple from outside my work registered after I gave them shareware copies of the program. Everyone I know seems to have more compliments than complaints about a program that is easy to use, has great support, and an online users group (oncu) that are the most helpful and nicest bunch of mates a guy could have! 'Hey, buy you boys a drink?' :-)
Adam

Reply #4
When I moved across to the PC platform from my trusty but non mainstream Acorn Archimedes, I needed a notation program to replace the bundled Acorn offering (Maestro, very good for its time in 1989) which I had used extensively to help me learn solo songs and chorus parts for my main musical interest, singing. I looked at a number of notation programs before finding NWC on a PC World Magazine Disc. Joy! - at last a program which was intuitive, easy and quick to use with a slick screen display, tidy printout, compact files and a main program which didn't take up megabytes of disc space and scatter armfuls of DLL's all over my hard disc. Since then as well as the originally intended uses, I've set professionally arranged choral and piano pieces for a number of public performances, and my 18 year old daughter has used NWC to good effect in preparing her coursework and composition pieces for her Music 'A' Level exams here in England. She'll almost certainly register her own copy when she (hopefully) goes to University in October to study Music. Two of my friends have registered copies, and they agree with me that NWC is one of the nicest notation programs available for the PC, and at its present price is unbelievable value for money. A PC version of the excellent Sibelius program (see http://www.sibelius-software.com ) is on the way, and although more advanced is likely to cost at least fifteen (yes 15) times as much as NWC. How does Eric do it?? And long may he reign!

Reply #5
Oops! Not PC World, PC Plus.

Reply #6
I have used many notation programs including the popular ones like "Finale", "Encore" etc. They are much more expensive and you can modify more features with some other programs but I like the ease of use in NWC and the price is fantastic also. The cut-down versions of the above mentioned programs don't compare to NWC in my opinion either. My thanks to the NWC staff for a great product.

Reply #7
NoteWorthy is so much easier and uses a more intelligient interface than Encore.

Reply #8
The evaluation demo:
Other demos don't let you save at all, or nothing more than
a couple of measures. NWC saves up to 10 times-plenty for
simple transcriptions.
Other demos don't allow print. How do you know whether the
print is going to be jagged? NWC does well to show off its
very slick print engine...

Reply #9
I too was very impressed when I found NWC. I was browsing around the keyword: MIDI area of America Online and read the description of NWC. I was very skeptical that it would do all the things it claimed, but once I tried it, I immediately registered it at home and at the high school where I teach instrumental music. I have used other music notation programs and feel that NWC has the easiest to use interface. Software such as Finale is great, but you have to have a lot of time to learn how to use it. My final thought is "How can this great little piece of software cost so little?" Keep it up, and I hope the future releases are even more impressive.

Reply #10
Because I could work on files and print them out to see the results with a shareware version, I registered NoteWorthy!

It's cool.

Dem.