Skip to main content
Topic: Roland JV-1010 Problem (Read 4978 times) previous topic - next topic

Roland JV-1010 Problem

I know the JV-1010 is kind of old, but hopefully someone out there is still using it and can help me out.
I'm using the JV with Cakewalk and a MIDI keyboard.  When I start a session, everything works fine.  However, as time goes on, I experience this strange problem.  Here's what happens:

I start recording on Cakewalk.  I allow one measure lead-in, and then start playing my keyboard.  The first notes I play should therefore appear at the start of measure 2, but instead, when I stop recording, I find that they appear at the end of measure 1.  The longer I use Cakewalk, the worse the problem gets.  After a few hours, a note which I record at the start of measure 2 will be recorded by Cakewalk as being on the 3rd beat of measure 1 (assuming we're in 4/4 time.)

If I unplug the JV and try using one of my other modules, everything works fine.  However, as soon as I go back to the JV, the problem starts again.  Also, if I use the clicktrack, it seems to stumble over itself for the first measure, clicking too quickly for a few beats before settling into the proper tempo.

Any ideas on how to fix this would really be appreciated!  Thanks.

Re: Roland JV-1010 Problem

Reply #1
I have the JV-1080, and haven't had trouble recording, but I know that the Roland synths need a few "lead in" beats to "set" the proper tempo.  The "stumble" is normal; the synth is attempting to set everything in midi.  Try putting a silent measure before you want to come in to sync everything.  I believe Roland even recommends this in their owner's manual. HTH

Mark

Reply #2
I use a jv-1010 and cakewalk homestudio(for about 3 years). I have not had a problem with it so far. It's always a good idea to leave at least two free  measures at the beginning. even when i don't leave any space at the beginning, I still don't have any problems. Maybe you should check your project properties.

Reply #3
im using my jv 1010 in cubase  and when try to record my notes nothing appears  i see that there is activity when i press my midi keyboard but no information is recorded i have my ins and outs configured for my audiophile2496 set to in and out also i have my trough setting set to on in cubase my midi cable runs from my out on the jv to the in on the card and from the card to my in on the jv i can play a midi file  and hear it  and  the jv shows midi activity on the midi light but when i hit the midi controller no midi activity shows on the jv but in cubase it shows activity but does not record any thing  what the hell is wrong mannn!!  im so saddd and confused

Reply #4
Why are we discussing Cakewalk and Cubase in a Noteworthy Composer forum?