Skip to main content
Topic: I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO (Read 4060 times) previous topic - next topic

I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO

i have just downloaded the noteworthy composer and i have no clue how to get started plz help me!

Re: I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO

Reply #1
there should be a faq lieing around somewhere

Reply #2
The first thing you do is: listen to Caverns. Open File, Samples, Caverns. Hit F5 and enjoy. Much depends on your soundcard, but it's always good.

Next: there are thousands of Noteworthy-files on the Internet. You can start at the Scriptorium: http://nwc-scriptorium.org/ but use Google to search for more.

Then, maybe you want to compose songs yourself, or if you have sheet music you can enter that. Use File, New, fill in title and name if you like, OK. Enter the notes. You can use the mouse, but the keyboard is friendlier by far. Just hit Enter a few times to see what happens. Try Space. Do the same, with 2,3,4,5 interspersed - you will learn by example. From then on, you decide your learning curve. The Scriptorium also contains a manual, which should help greatly, if you are a person who reads manuals.

You can highlight notes and change them around: try +, -, CtrlShift Up, CtrlShift Down, dot, slash, semicolon... Enjoy the show. You should be up and running within the hour.

Rob.

Reply #3
i never really liked caverns, air on a d string is fred's best if you ask me

Reply #4
Philippa, press F1 for the help menu, then open the Getting Started item.  That will guide you through the basics.

Have fun, and if you get stuck, come back to the forum and ask questions.  Someone will usually be able to answer within an hour or a day.

You would be better off in the NWC forum instead of the NWC2 forum, if you're using version 1.75.    You can get there from the links at the top of this page.