Skip to main content
Topic: another question (Read 4590 times) previous topic - next topic

another question

Hi, I was wondering why the ritard. and acc. I put in aren't working  in my song.  Can someone please help?

Re: another question

Reply #1
Without being too clever-dicky-ish, this comes straight from the help text: The other marks (Accelerando, Allargando, Rallentando, Ritardando, Ritenuto, Rubato, and Stringendo ) do not use a predefined delay. They scan on both sides of the variance event to find the presence of tempo marks. If they are found, then the change from one tempo to the next is introduced gradually at a rate determined by the distance up to the next tempo mark. If a tempo mark is not found either before or after the variance mark, then no change in the tempo is introduced into the play back of the staff/score.
hth, Rob.

Reply #2
In order to use Ritard and Accel, you need to specify the tempo settings.  The both will start with whatever the current tempo is, but you need to specify the tempo to end up with.

Let's say you have a song that's 32 measures long.  You play along at quarter note=120 for the first 28 measures, then you want to ritard for the last four measures and end up with a tempo of 90.  Just set the tempo of 120 at the beginning of the song.  Then at measure 29, insert the ritard.  Then at the end of the song, insert a tempo of 90.  NWC will gradually slow down from 120 to 90 over those 4 measures.

The same concept applies for acccellerando.

Hope this helps,

John

Reply #5
Just a thought. It would be nice if a tempo actually restored the tempo to what it was before the previous tempo variance.

Reply #6
I agree, and also a tempo primo command would be useful.