Skip to main content
Topic: bug: cursor position resets when moving staves (Read 3725 times) previous topic - next topic

bug: cursor position resets when moving staves

Why does NWC reset the cursor position when moving staves? It shouldn't need to. The reset problem happens with both "Staff>Move Staff" and the keystroke "CTRL-SHIFT-PGUP/PGDOWN".

Re: bug: cursor position resets when moving staves

Reply #1
Why isn't anyone answering?

Reply #2
I meant that why didn't anyone comfirm the problem...

Reply #3
I can confirm the behaviour in the current version 2 preview.  I don't think it's a problem but some will find it a nuisance.

Reply #4
Greetings David,
NWC2 _may_ resolve this in a future release, I refer you to https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5046 and particularly https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5046.msg31941#msg31941

There's lots of waffle in between but I think that what Eric is referring to is the cursor repositioning itself at the beginning of the staff with the execution of several functions.

Of course I may be misinterpreting this - there were several things covered.

User111 [!ME!] - Some friendly advice...

May I suggest you observe the difference in results achieved when you behave in a civilised manner.  At best, abuse, rudeness and tantrums will simply be ignored.  In the middle ground posts and/or threads will be deleted.  At worst I would expect a methodology to be implemented which will deny access to anyone behaving in such a fashion.  I can think of several possibilities.  I might add that Eric has been considerably more patient than I would be.

Reasonable questions and comments phrased in a polite manner will be responded too as well as we can.  Please do not expect miracles, we don't know everything and we cannot be online 24/7 just for your benefit.  If you have a question, ask it, politely.  Don't make a comment and expect it to be treated as a question, we are not mind readers.

If you don't get a reply after a reasonable wait, say a week or so, then you should assume that no one has an answer.  It does not necessarily mean you are being ignored, though if you were rude you probably _were_ being ignored.  Certainly I have resisted responding to you several times for that reason.

I might add that on occasion your comments have been right on the money.  It would be a shame to have that insight lost because of poor conduct.

I also refer you to faq #99.  While it is mainly about emails, the same basic guidelines will work on the forum.

Lastly, it is unreasonable to expect Noteworthy Software to simply give away trade secrets or products.  If it weren't for the income generated by sales, there wouldn't be an NWC for you to complain about.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Hi again David,
oh well, not yet - just downloaded p1q and the cursor still returns to the start on a staff move.  As that particular point wasn't mentioned in the thread I linked to perhaps it was missed or not considered.

No worries, I'm sure Eric will eventually see this thread and if the other solution is useful in this function it will appear.

As you say, more of a nuisance than a problem.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Sorry for not responding earier, Lawrie, I've been away camping with my grandchildren all week.  Glad to get home to get some rest!

I just downloaded version q now, and the info says the cursor leap is fixed for some of the functions, but I agree, I don't think it mentions this particular one.