Skip to main content
Topic: Possible bug? (Read 2473 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible bug?

Hi everyone!  Is there a possible bug in NWC2, or am I doing something wrong?  I love the feature that allows me to hear the notes as I enter them on the score, but this feature doesn't work when I first start NWC2.  I have to actually try to play something first, then this feature will work.  Even if it's a blank score without any notes yet, I still have to hit the play button before I start hearing notes as I enter them.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Should I E-Mail a bug report to the support line?

Thanks!

Re: Possible bug?

Reply #1
Confirmed - possibly depending on setup.

When you start NWC2, but before playing or entering, look at the menu Tools > Options > Midi. Is there more than one Midi device shown in the left-hand box? Is there any shown in the right-hand box?

If I don't pre-select a MIDI device, it seems that NWC2 doesn't choose one for me until (as you noticed) something is played. Without a Midi device... silence.

Reply #2
Excellent!  You're exactly right.  When opening NWC2, there are several MIDI devices in the left box but none in the right.  I thought NWC used the MS MIDI settings from the control panel... although I've not done anything with that in a while since I use my primary MIDI device 99.99999% of the time.  But either way, selecting a default MIDI device did the trick.  Thanks!

Reply #3
Yes, this behaviour is a little odd. We will look for ways to improve it.