Skip to main content
Topic: Evaluation version and misc. (Read 2221 times) previous topic - next topic

Evaluation version and misc.

I read in the description that the evaluation version is like a thirty day trial, but I couldn't find where/if it said what happens after those thirty days. Does it just go away (or something along those lines) or do you have to start paying for it? Also, I saw another post about a version two, is that out? Last one: I've been to Best Buy and they don't have this, where can I find it?

Re: Evaluation version and misc.

Reply #1
Not sure about the 30 days (I'm a user, not the programmer). The trial version has some features hobbled, in any case.

Version 2 is in public beta-test. If you go to the main NWC page and follow the link info about version 2 (it is not easy to find), you can find out how purchasing version 1.75b now would relate to version 2 later. The general method of using version 2 is like 1.75, but 2 has more features. For evaluation purposes, 1.75 will usually suffice.

By Best Buy, I assume you refer to the large store chain, either in-store or on-line? As with many other programs, NWC is marketed on-line, but not through ordinary stores. Glancing through my programs, I have 6 of them that I purchased via direct download (sometimes with CD to follow).

Re: Evaluation version and misc.

Reply #2
Nothing happens at all. I used the evaluation program for about 3 years with no problem.