Skip to main content
Topic: Scriptorium now accepts NWC2 files (Read 4732 times) previous topic - next topic

Scriptorium now accepts NWC2 files

Folks

Noteworthy Software have given their blessing to the Scriptorium hosting NWC2 files.
So I am now happy to accept your NWC2 files with the usual proviso that you also include the accompanying text file with your submission.
The template, if you need it, can be found here
Rich.

Re: Scriptorium now accepts NWC2 files

Reply #1
Ha! I just found this via the Scriptorium "new stuff" page, which is the startup page of one of my browsers (Firefox 1, namely).
"De fil en aiguille" (?? in English? from here to there?? Consequently??) I had to launch my NWC2 preview which told my it was "very old" (sic) and sent me to the download sction. I then went to the NWC2 resource page, where I discovered the NWC2 PHP User Tool Starter kit that made me discover the "User Tool" command which I now urge to experiment, since it didn't exist on my version.
I see with delight that many things happened here while I worked on my house (I now have a room for our incoming fourth, and a decent living-room (3x3.5m)) :-)
Briefly: I'll have a look on the new features, and I'll be back with the stuff I made.
For if I had no time while leaving my previous job to go to the WNC site and related ones, I made some PHP scripts on my side (ricercar, a new version of my swing tool, tripletize) without telling anyone (which was silly), and you can't imagine how happy I am to see that PHP is now an official tool for NWC!! :-D

Enough (too much?) said, a new day is starting and I have to wake up my family for school. Hope to be back soon :)

Have a nice day, all!

Marsu, back at last

Reply #2
Welcome back, Domenic (I hope I've remembered the correct spelling).  #4 coming along?  Congratulations.  Big time!

Reply #3
-
Welcome back, Dominique. ;)
_

Reply #4
Thanks David :)
Note: Domenic must be the proper pronunciation in English (as the 2 "i" here are equal in French.)
However Ertuðrul is right for the spelling :)

I'm impressed of the quality of the PHP scripts. I've always wanted to see a part of NWC code (in C/C++) but seeing the PHP scripts, I'm convinced (if ever I wasn't yet ;)) of the good quality of what Eric writes. Compact and efficient though readable. Very good work. And comments inside, too! Not too much, just what's needed. The extra comments would be necessary for people who don't want to search in PHP information sites/books.
However I wrote mine in PHP3; my ricercar is far less well done that this one (nwswretrograde). So I'll trash it, but my ambitus is still correct. I'll use the .inc for better integration though, since until then I had to paste myself in a PHP page on my website. Now Alt+F8 does everything :)

Reply #5
Oops! I forgot. Thank you Richard!! And thank you as well for the NWC2 logo on the NWC2 files :) I think I didn't see them at dawn. And thanks of course to NW for the Scriptorium blessing!

Reply #6
As long as we are off-topic: Yesterday, in Santa Cruz (California) a U-Haul truck parked in front of me. On the side, it read: "Burns Bog, in Delta, is a capped bog with an ecosystem unlike ofther found in the lowlands of British Columbia." Small world!

Reply #7
That's cool, Robert, thanks for mentioning it.  You can learn more about Delta's bog here:

http://www.burnsbog.org/resources/

Delta has three town centres, with the bog separating North Delta from the other two.

Reply #8
(To quote Rich from the newsgroup):
Also a brand new page has been set up which will host user tool scripts written and provided by NoteWorthy Users.
The page is at  http://nwc-scriptorium.org/nwc2scripts.html

These are an assortment of tools, created by NWC2 users using PHP script, for working with the NWC2 User Tools interface.

PHP script has been standardised on and so users can verify the integrity and safety of using each script. Should you so wish, each script can be
loaded into a text processor and examined. It is strongly urged that each user inspect any script downloaded from the Scriptorium to satisfy
themselves that it does nothing untoward. Whilst great care has been taken to ensure that there are no nasties, all usage of these scripts is at the
user's own risk.  The Scriptorium cannot be held accountable for any damage to an NWC file caused by running a script.

Users wishing to submit such scripts for inclusion in the Scriptorium should, in the first instance post the script to the nwc2 beta newsgroup for
testing by users. Once the script has been tested, it can be e-mailed to me for publication enclosing the information that users will need to run the
script. (See the page for an example of information needed)