Skip to main content
Topic: Coda ignoring 1st repeat (Read 3154 times) previous topic - next topic

Coda ignoring 1st repeat

I've searched topics, but didn't see an answer to my question.  I'm using Noteworthy Composer to help learn my choral part for an upcoming concert.  The piece I'm entering begins with a repeated section then later on it has a D.S. al coda.  The segno goes back to the beginning, supposed to play both endings of the repeated section, then goes to the coda once it hits the "to coda" mark several measures later.  It plays perfectly, except that once it goes back to the beginning of the piece, it plays just the second ending of the repeat (instead of both the first and second endings).  I can't figure out how to tweak it so that it will play both endings before going to the coda several measures later. I'm using master repeats (the local repeats don't work right in this piece.)  Any suggestions?  I hope my question was stated clearly.

Re: Coda ignoring 1st repeat

Reply #1
In NWC, I think the only way to get repeats after a Dal Segno or Da Capo is to use local repeats.

I wonder if there's any reason in particular for this behaviour; at least I have been taught that a repeat is a repeat no matter if it were after a DS. or DC.

(I have seen a special indicator for not repeating, senza repetizione or something, that can be used with a DC. or DS.)

Reply #3
See article #3999, reply 3.

Yup, that did the trick.  Thanks.

Reply #4
waxaan rabaa in aan heyso