Skip to main content
Topic: Assembling sets of tunes (Read 3535 times) previous topic - next topic

Assembling sets of tunes

I have several dance tunes in individual .NWC files.
I want to combine several of these onto one page into sets for dancing. I would like these to have the properties:

1 Each tune starting on a new line
2 New line starting every 4 or 8 bars

How can I do this?

Re: Assembling sets of tunes

Reply #1
Firstly have a look at thread 526 (Lyrics for 1 Chorus, Many verses). I don't know of any easy way to accomplish your requirements, but I have had to do the same sort of thing recently for a medley. To force a set number of bars per line you have to use Page Setup and play with the font size (and note spacing - use 'Increase note spacing for longer durations'), and sometimes 'pad' the lines with text entries consisting only of spaces. For page positioning, don't attempt to combine the files (although you can do this using copy and paste), rather set your top margin for each song to give the correct position on the page. But really the best solution again comes back to using a suitable publishing suite - I've praised Page Plus before, and I believe Word also can do the job.

Re: Assembling sets of tunes

Reply #2
Another QUICK and EASY way is to print all out and glue them onto a blank sheet! :)

Really. I've done LOTS of publishing (32 page newsletters every 2 months, music primers etc) and sometimes 5 minutes of scissors and glue saves 100 minutes of frustration at the keyboard.

Andrew P