Skip to main content
Topic: Question about inserting things (Read 2788 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about inserting things

When I try to insert a treble clef or a note it doesn't show up.  I go to insert at the top, but it doesn't seem to work.  Can anyone help?  thanks

Re: Question about inserting things

Reply #1
The only thing I can insert is a staff.  I just got this today so give me a break if I sound real stupid.

Reply #2
The insert menu is only one way to add things to a staff.  You can also use the qwerty keyboard - it's full of shortcuts - or the mouse.

The most efficient way to enter a clef is to press "c", from there choose the clef, and press enter.  To enter a note, just use "enter" after choosing the vertical position and, with the keypad, the value (2 is a halfnote, 3 is a quarter, and so on.)

There's a lot to learn, but it's not a steep learning curve. Your best bet is to start with Help (F1), Getting Started, Working in the Score Editor, and just try things out.

Welcome to the NWC forum, by the way. If you get stuck with anything, chances are another of us users will be able to help.

Reply #3
If you've only just installed Noteworthy, you may be suffering from a problem several people have noted in the past - the notes etc. are invisible.
Rebooting your PC after installing Noteworthy should cure this problem.

RObin

Reply #4
thanks guys and yes everything is invisible