Skip to main content
Topic: Notes above and below the staff (Read 3189 times) previous topic - next topic

Notes above and below the staff

I recently downloaded "NoteWorthy Composer" and gave it a try. Although In know that the free download has limitations, I like to know if I can place notes above and bellow the staff. I looked for a way to do it but looks like the capability is not there. Can some one tell me if that is posible?

Thanks

Re: Notes above and below the staff

Reply #1
You need to be more specific. Are we talking about notes on ledger lines above and below, notes that will sound, or just notes written as text from a special font. All are possible.

Reply #2
Thank you llucyy for your reply. To be more specific, I write text for musicians and for myself and of course I have a piano and guitar to play the written music. In your reply you said that all are possible but the question is: "If I buy the software will I be able to write mucic with no limitations?" I have read some of the Forum questions and answers and I can see that the software has some problems but the answer does not say if the problem has been fixed. So, everything is possible ... true, but what I like to know is: "does the software has the capabilities?. Thank you for your reply. Robert

Reply #3
You can write notes above, below, and anywhere in a staff.  You move your cursor to the appropriate position using the up and down arrows, or using the mouse, set the note value with the numeric keypad (1 = whole note, 2 = half note, etc) and then just press enter.  You can also set the note value by clicking the note value icons.

There are a number of limitations in the program itself, but usually you'll find someone has discovered a "work-around."  You can get those by searching the help menu or this online forum, checking the user tips on this site, or posting a question to this forum.

Reply #4
Robert, if you still need help, please email me with the details, I may be able to help. llucyy@tpg.com.au