Skip to main content
Topic: tempo (Read 3194 times) previous topic - next topic

tempo

Hello all, Im a new user of NoteWorthy and I've got a problem regarding the tempo. I've made a new song, but it's a ballad and he's playing away like he's in a real hurry to get somewhere...
I've tried it via the menu, with Insert tempo and then per bar changing the tempo (if I understood it correctly the lower the number, the slower the song, so I changed all 4 bars to 40, dotted half). But that didn't make any difference in how fast the song was played.
How can I change this?

Also, the songs are played in stereo. But I've received several songs in which one bar was played in mono on one side, and the other three bars in mono on the other side. If you're singing in a choir, as I am, that's really useful. But I can't find where to arrange that.

So, if anyone can help me on one or both of these questions, I'd be very greatful!
Greetings,

Laura

Re: tempo

Reply #1
The tempo of 40 per dotted half is equivalent to 120 per quarter (crochet) Try changing the dotted half to a quarter (from the drop down menu) and you may find it too slow. experiment from there until you get what you want.
  For stereo effect, look in staff properties / midi and change the pan setting. It goes from 0 (far left) to 127 (far right) 64 being centered.

Hope that helps

Reply #2
Note that you need not put a tempo indication on each bar.  A tempo indication will remain in effect from where it is entered until another tempo indication occurs.  Also, you need only place the tempo indication on one staff, it's effect (as it must be) will be applied to all staves.

Reply #3
Thanks both of you, I did what you suggested and now I can change those things. So thanks!
Greetings,

Laura