Skip to main content
Topic: MIDI Files (Read 3627 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI Files

It is easy to convert MIDI files to WAV or MP3.

Is there any way or program available to convert WAV or MP3 files to MIDI format, that they can be read into NoteWorthy Composer?

Many thanks

Re: MIDI Files

Reply #3
is it possible to convert midi to wav/mp3?
I want to make a cd out of my songs.

Reply #5
I have encountered problems saving(converting) a nwc composition into a MIDI. Once saved, the file has been physically created as a .mid, but it plays silence. When I load the midi from NWC it loads the music as per normal, except with the few prompts to convert.

Can anyone help?

Reply #6
I have a creative labs sound blaster sound card and have used creative playcenter to record midi to wav, Mp3 or wma. The first recording sounds like the midi file sound. If you record the new, lets say wav file with EAX audio effects (environments: concert hall). The final recording comes out sounding a lot better! This is the way I record midi files. All the software comes included with the sound card.

Reply #7
Reply to Stephen K.

Is NWC still open when you try to play the MIDI?  If so it will have control of the MIDI device and no other player will be able to get to it.

Reply #8
Reply to Cyril N. Alberga

Good thought, but no NWC was closed all-together, I have just installed NWC on My notebook and converting it has worked fine, so im guessing its a glitch with NWC on that particular computer.

Reply #9
Not aware of any glitches in this regard, but who knows?

Try playing the original MIDI file BEFORE you open it in NWC. Does it sound? It's possible that your MIDI player (other than from within NWC) has its volume turned down.

Reply #10
>but it plays silence.

What program did you use to play the MIDI file?

>When I load the midi from NWC it loads the music
>as per normal, except with the few prompts to convert.

This indicates that the MIDI file is OK. Perhaps the other program has a volume setting that needs to be adjusted.