Skip to main content
Topic: inserting wav files (Read 2503 times) previous topic - next topic

inserting wav files

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible for NoteWorthy to insert a command (just like MPC) to activate the playing of a wave file in a staff.

I know this can be done with other softwares, but I'd rather see it possible with NoteWorthy.

If not possible, hope this wish come true.

Re: inserting wav files

Reply #1
Not sure what you mean. Did you want to play the NWC file, and also activate an external audio (WAV) file, perhaps as a sound effect or pre-recorded instrument? If that's what you wanted, it seems like it would be a rather great change in the NWC program.

If you want to achieve that effect, you can record your NWC to WAV, then mix it with your other WAV. Making a WAV from your NWC is often discuessed on this forum,
also see https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=3468. For mixing, you can use the free Audacity program, or a number of others.

Reply #2
Thanks for the response.
Like you said, I'd like to activate an external audio (WAV) file, to add sound effects or voices.
By now, when I want to do that, I'm creating a particular soundfont with sound effects, but I find it restricting and boring.
Once again I know that mixing of audio files can be done with other softwares, and I don't know if it is really the purpose of NoteWorthy to mix MIDI and AUDIO, yet I would be pleased to see it done.

Reply #3
One thing you could try here, if you have the tools and the right soundcard, is to add the sound effect you want as a new instrument in your soundfont.
Of course, then it would only sound right for you, or anyone you give the soundfont to, unless you recorded the whole thing.

Reply #4
Using wav files, like you can with Acid Music, is on the wishlist, and can be found in many threads.
Don't hold your breath, though.
Rob.