Skip to main content
Topic: from Finale to NWC (Read 3132 times) previous topic - next topic

from Finale to NWC

I have been using Finale for several years when I discovered NWC. Of course Finale is much more complete and anything is missing with regard to music notation. BUT, it requires several actions to execute even simple commands, where NWC needs one or two clicks. I am then trying to switch to NWC. I need however a help in better understanding how to insert more complete music notation symbols such as arpeggiato, crescendo/decrescendo, etc.
Can anyone send me a small info about all this? If possible please use my direct E-mail address (bigio80@cheapnet.it). Thanks.

Re: from Finale to NWC

Reply #1
I'm sending you an email also, but many of the symbols you're looking for are found in the Boxmarks2 and Crescendo fonts available at the NWC Scriptorium.  There are also some several other helpful fonts if you want more selections, although some are not free.  Good Luck and I know you'll enjoy the quick and easy features of NWC after having to plod through Finale for years.

Reply #2
Even though the original message was from someone who seems to know about the software, it is generally a bad idea to respond by e-mail to an unknown person from a free, foreign e-mail address. That's how junk mail, etc. is spread.

Reply #3
Thanks for the warning, but since it's not your email account, don't worry about it!  I can anti-spam with the best of 'em.

Reply #4
There was a most comprehensive and helpful download called "NOTEWORTHY COMPOSER Command Reference for Version 1.70 with Service Pack 1, 2, and 3"
As it is of 112 pages in length I cannot E-mail you a copy and I am not completely sure from where I downloaded it, but some one else may be able to assist.
I have found it covers virtually everything you need to know in Noteworthy and probably covers version 1.75b  as well as the earlier versions.

Tony

Reply #5
The scriptorium, referenced in reply 1, includes links to the Command Summary, originally created by Barry Graham in 1998, and updated (December 2000) for NWC v1.70 by Richard Woodroffe.