Skip to main content
Topic: Edirol USB Midi problems (Read 1969 times) previous topic - next topic

Edirol USB Midi problems

I connected an Edirol USB Midi connector to my new Media Center computer.  The drivers are being recognized by Noteworthy Composer in the drop down menus but no notes/sound is coming into the scores...

The very first time I hooked it up, Noteworthy worked great but never again....Questions on these settings:
1. Devices used by playback:  should this be set to the Edirol or my SB audigy card?
2. Echo input to play device:  Edirol or Audigy?
3. control panel, sounds&Audio devices:  midi music playback:  Edirol or Audigy?

Thanks for any help..I want to purchase this software as soon as I can get it working....

Re: Edirol USB Midi problems

Reply #1
The input device is your edirol hardware, the output is whatever your computer uses to make the sound. So, I guess the answers to all your questions are the Audigy device as this is where the sound is output(ted!) to. If your output device is different from your input device, then you will need to echo to it in order to hear your input - i.e. you need to make the connection between the keyboard (or other MIDI input device) and the speakers of your computer.

I've had similar problems with an edirol driver and am becoming suspicious of their credibility as electronics experts. Their technical support is poor (emails not responded to) and the driver they provide is not signed by microsoft as being compatible with their operating system (WinXP). I would have thought that an organisation as prominent as Roland would be more concerned about their reputation than to let issues such as this go unresolved.