Skip to main content
Topic: Collate printed pages? (Read 2321 times) previous topic - next topic

Collate printed pages?

When I want to print several copies of a multi-page score, I'd like them collated. This is a common feature of most software that supports printed output (with the notorious exception of Adobe Acrobat/Reader, I must admit).

But the "collate" checkbox for Noteworthy's Print screen is greyed out ... I am unable to ask it to collate.

1. Is my software installation faulty?

2. Is there something I can to do activate this feature?

Re: Collate printed pages?

Reply #1
I use PDF995 and PDF995 edit (Free downloads) to keep my scores as .pdf files.They can then be printed on any printer identically. You can collate the print from these .pdf files quite OK.The PDF edit is used if you wish to concatenate multiple scores into say a book. Just print the first score using PDF995 as the nominated printer and save to wherever, then bring up PDF Edit and check the box and continue printing with the next score, saving to the same file as before (OK to overwrite). PS. Don't forget to bring up the PDF Edit when you finish and uncheck the box as all successive prints will try and be concatenated. PPS. The free versions of these PDF995s bring up advertising via internet browser if you are on line or just the browser if you are off line. Just zap them if they appear with Alt+F4.

Reply #2
It's greyed out on mine, too, but then I click on
_Properties...
choose the Paper tab,
and then I have a collate checkbox which is not greyed out.
Maybe it depends on the printer software (I have an Epson)?

Reply #3
The availability of this option depends on the printer/driver in use. If the driver supports the option, then it will be available. If not, it will be disabled.