Skip to main content
Topic: Staff display when printing (Read 3329 times) previous topic - next topic

Staff display when printing

I have only tried this with NWC 1.2, since I have troubles working with the interface in 1.31d... in my opinion it has just gone worse.

When I'm going to print a rock score (two guitars, bass, voice), I find it VERY irritating that the voice staff, even if it is no notes in it, is printed in it's full length.

What I'm saying: I have a 16-measure intro that occupy 3 pages. All these measures cointain no voice. But the whole rests in the voice staff are printed, a type of notation I never seen in a *real* rock score. This is just a huge waste of paper - is there any trick or another way I can do it so I will get the printouts as I want them to be?

Re: Staff display when printing

Reply #1
Afraid that's the way it works. Understand that NWC is an inexpensive notation product that is currently in development. This item is on our wish list, also. If you have to have that feature, I know where you can spend $500 and get it. But the extra time involved in learning the other products is prohibitive. It'll cost you 3 months of your life for 8 hrs a day.
Sure, there are limitations, but I can actually create so much faster here, that if I have to live with blank staves, I can really live with that. It's not as pretty, but I like the company I'm keeping here.
Let's also remember there just isn't a product that will do EVERYthing you want. No matter who you are, you can always think of things you would like done your way.
One of the other things we've put on our wish list is collapsible bar rests. That's now in evaluation, and we're hoping.
Hope this lets you feel better about the limitations you're seeing. It's nothing but a misdemeanor, anyhow.

Reply #2
Does any one know the transpositon for an eletric guitar and a bass guitar I have all the other transpositons I need? If any one needs them for marching or concert bands let me know.

Reply #3
The e-mail address on the one above is wrong sorry 'bout that.