Skip to main content
Topic: MPC (Read 2630 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC

I want to ask :

If I have a very long note ( let's say a whole one, or even one connected by a Tie to several others )
and I want it's volume to change durring the time it should be played.
how do I do this ?
MPC {Controller:vol} doesn't seem to change anything except the initial volume .

also, I have seen someone using an
MPC{Controller:expression},
but I don't understand for what purpose ...
it doesn't seem to have any effect on the volume ...
is it something like the INSERT {Text:expression } ?

Thanks

Re: MPC

Reply #1
I don't know about the "expression" item, but on the volume change, I think it is dependent on your midi synth. Only a few soundcard midi synths support change of within a note.  I've been meaning to go looking for a software synthesizer that will support, as my soundcard (SB Live) apparently doesn't.

Reply #2
The SB Live should respond to both Volume (controller 7) and Expression (controller 11) variation on a held note.
Perhaps you are trying to effect a dynamic change using Velocity which only affects the attack on a note and cannot be altered while the note is held ?
Try a MPC using Expression as the variable.

Reply #4
No chance to try these yet, (been sick) but I want to say, this is what makes groups like this forum great. I've been wishing for this a long time, and convinced myself long ago that SB Live didn't support it...  should've mentioned it online long ago.